Ottawa ON — With rising insurance rates, Carol O’Reilly was willing to do anything to cut down her bill. She called her insurance company to see if they have any cost-saving programs that could lower her bill even a little. The phone representative originally suggested that she download an app that caters her rates to her lifestyle by tracking her movement.
“I just don’t feel comfortable adding apps that track your every move. I have heard horror stories about privacy invasion using these apps,” said O’Reilly.
The representative then told her about the latest program that could cut her rates by 20% and maybe even 30%. Without hesitation, she told them to sign her up. The plan allows an insurance agent to move into your house and follow you around 24 hours a day. An app can tell you that you’re driving too fast but can it tell you that the third cup of coffee that you’re pouring can affect your driving? Some of the other benefits of having a live-in insurance agent include:
- reminding you that it’s bedtime so you aren’t tired while driving the next day
- suggesting maybe not wearing that sweater to work because a hot driver is an unsafe driver
- turning your radio to softer music to make you a more relaxed driver
- realizing when you looked stressed and taking you to dinner to avoid road rage incidents
- taking the kids to soccer practice because you can’t get in an accident if you aren’t driving
The benefits are endless which is why you’re guaranteed to save at least 20% on your premiums. Even if you have have some bad habits, they will quickly correct any of the negative behaviours you have acquired since you’ve began driving.
All agents that move in are trained to have quick showers, to cook for themselves, and to do light cleaning so that they are just a minimal burden on your everyday life. Any burden will be very small when you consider that you don’t have to download a risky phone app and you have a few extra bucks in your pocket.