1. Seth Rogen Announces He’s Releasing A Book In May – This may sound like bad news until you realize that the hours he spent writing it were hours not spent making a movie.
2. A new poll says 86% of Canadians support latest travel restrictions – A further 2% disagree with the idea and 12% are already aboard an American flight to Cancun.
3. Ontario says it won’t meet Feb 5th goal of vaccinating all long-term care residents – They are still on pace for their goal of resetting their goals no more than five times.
4. Laurentian University Files For Creditor Protection – This should provide a bump for the Business Admin program there because now they just have to go upstairs for some hands-on learning about how not to run a business.
5. Record Label Drops Marilyn Manson After Abuse Allegations – “We will not tolerate that behaviour” said a label spokesperson about the ‘Cake and Sodomy’ singer
6. Uber is buying alcohol delivery service Drizly for $1.1 billion – It’s about time someone combined drinking and driving
7. Wiarton Willie A No-Show At Virtual Groundhog Day Event – So we are just supposed to believe the woman throwing a white hat in the air that he didn’t see his shadow? That’s hearsay.
8. Bell Media Cuts 380 TV and Radio Jobs – They want to focus on streaming because recent trends seem to be pointing away from cable subscriptions and radio, but they wanted to be absolutely sure
9. The Superbowl is Set For This Sunday – We mean the big game. Please don’t sue.
10. COVID-19 vaccine will be manufactured in Canada – Some of the more minor points are that we just need the Novavax vaccine approved in Canada and we need to build the facility to make it in.