Wiarton ON — Anticipating a large influx of gatherings, Ontario’s top doc is urging the people of Ontario not to get together this Groundhog Day with those outside your immediate household. February 2nd of each year traditionally draws large family gatherings, large office parties and the bars tend to fill to capacity. With COVID -19 and its variants wreaking havoc on the province, people are being asked to sacrifice this one day, as hard as it can be, and not gather to prevent any surges before the Superbowl. The province has provided some suggestions to help celebrate this auspicious occasion safely:
- Sleep in until 8:30 AM and just read about the spring prediction after the fact so you aren’t tempted to drive to Wiarton to watch it live
- Watch Groundhog Day with Bill Murray in your own home instead of not watching it like you do every year
- Decorate your house with brown lights and groundhog cutouts
- Bake some gingerbread Groundhogs
- When you find out whether spring is early or not, high five yourself instead of your neighbours
Basically, look over our Christmas suggestions and somehow replace Christmasy things with groundhoggy things.